The Big Talk: How to Approach the Assisted Living Conversation with Elderly Parents
May 23, 2020
Types of Dementia
April 14, 2019
Benefits of Tai Chi to Alzheimer’s patients.
May 22, 2016
Montessori for Dementia and Alzheimer’s Patients
April 13, 2016
Caring for Someone with Dementia
March 5, 2016
Words are like art, there is so much more than the first impression: Communication and dementia
February 3, 2016
The Importance of Early Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease
December 12, 2015
How to Chose an Assisted Living Facility
December 7, 2015
Early signs of Dementia
October 9, 2015
There are lot's of things to consider when chosing a care provider and facility for a Loved One. We've created this checklist of things that we feel a...
There are lot's of things to consider when chosing a care provider and facility for a Loved One. We've created this checklist of things that we feel are important during this proces.
1. Location-How close is the facility to you.
2. What is included? Some facilities have add on fees as health declines and increased care is needed. Ask about this possibility at any facility you are considering.
3. What happens if my loved one's health declines? Can additional care be coordinated such as Rehab or Physical Therapy, Hospice or other services?
4. Does the Director of Nursing make visits with or to other facilities or hospitals on our behalf if needed?
5. How is care coordinated? Who does so? Are they experienced in a long term care setting and a Licensed RN
6. What is the facilities relationship with other facilities nearby? Do they work together? Do they refer to one another?
7. How are meals prepared and what sort of variety is offered? Can they offer different meal choices for the Residents at the same meal? Are dining hours set in stone?
8. Does my Mom or Dad have to get out of bed and eat at a certain time? You may have other things that are important to your family and loved one and each family is different.
It's important that you feel the provider and the staff that cares for your loved one is qualified, capable and above all is CARING and COMPASSIONATE.
We hope this information is useful for you as you continue your search for an appropriate facility for your loved. For more information visit our website at Angel's Retirement Home
May 2020 (1)
April 2019 (1)
May 2016 (1)
April 2016 (1)
March 2016 (1)
February 2016 (1)
December 2015 (2)
October 2015 (1)